NATA Headquarter Hotel – Mandalay Bay*
*All convention events taking place at Mandalay Bay South Convention Center
Walking time from hotel guestrooms to Mandalay Bay South Convention Center (no stops):
- walking time from Mandalay Bay/THEhotel guestrooms to South Convention Center: 5-10 minutes
- walking/tram time from Luxor guestrooms to South Convention Center: 15-20 minutes
Important Information – See Below
We’ve experienced record reservation requests for this year’s convention. Las Vegas is definitely THE place to be this June! You can still book your reservation through NATA’s official housing bureau, Global Reservations. Hotel availability can change daily so don’t be discouraged by sold-out notations next to hotels. GRI utilizes waitlists so submit your housing request today with your preferences indicated.
Due to high demand processing of housing requests is exceeding our normal timeframe. Your reservation is important to us! We appreciate your patience and trust in GRI, and we will work diligently to process your request as quickly as possible.
Book your reservation through GRI today to receive NATA’s discounted rates AND an exclusive benefit for NATA attendees – no mandatory resort fees! That’s right! Book your reservation through NATA’s official housing bureau, Global Reservations (GRI), and the mandatory resort fee for the following items at our official convention hotels will be waived.
$25 per day + tax
$18 per day + tax
New York New York
$20 per day + tax
* Reservation must be made through Global Reservations, Inc. (GRI)
Nowhere else can you find this special arrangement negotiated exclusively for NATA attendees! Book your reservation through GRI today and say goodbye to resort fees!
More Reasons Why You Should Stay at NATA’s Official Hotels!
If discounted hotel rates and no resort fees are not reason enough to stay at one of NATA’s official hotels, then maybe one of these will convince you:
- Sitting on 64-acres, Mandalay Bay is one of the largest hotels in the world. By staying on-site your commute to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center will be shorter and easier compared to staying off-site. Plus, networking with fellow attendees – old friends and new acquaintances alike – will be enhanced by staying, learning and networking under one roof!
- Stay where the action is! Mandalay Bay features 25+ restaurants, lounges and bars, House of Blues, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Shark Reef and the world famous 11-acre aquatic playground, Mandalay Bay Beach. The Mandalay Bay Beach features 2,700 tons of sand at its beach and wave pool, beachside restaurants and shopping, a lazy river, three large pools and cabanas galore! Perhaps best of all… Cirque is coming to Mandalay Bay! A new resident Cirque du Soleil show – Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour – starts spring 2013! Rumor has it a Cirque influenced nightclub will open in advance of the show opening!
- The Las Vegas “Strip” is a 4.5 mile stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard. Mandalay Bay and its convention center are located at the South End of the Las Vegas Strip. The density of the strip makes distances very deceiving. Traffic is heavy and crossing major intersections at street level and via sky-walks can take quite a bit of time. What may seem to be a short distance from another property on the Strip may take more time to travel than you think.
- Mandalay Bay/THEhotel is the closest hotel to McCarran International Airport. Shuttle and taxi service from/to the airport are less expensive. For those driving, parking at Mandalay Bay/THEhotel is complimentary!
- We admit it: Las Vegas was made for grown-ups. However, the Mandalay Bay Resort is rated as one of the top kid-friendly hotels in Las Vegas. If your trip to the Annual Meeting is a family affair, Mandalay Bay is the place to stay!
Warning – Housing Scams!
NATA has received several reports that wholesalers have been contacting some attendees and exhibitors offering great deals on hotels for large conventions in Las Vegas. While it is not illegal for a travel firm or booking agent to solicit potential customers, it can be difficult to determine the legitimacy of offers from these organizations. Those who opt for alternatives to the NATA negotiated rates may find themselves at risk. There have been reports from other groups and individuals that after paying these types of companies, no room was reserved and their credit card was fraudulently charged.
For these reasons, and to support our efforts to give you a quality event, we highly recommend that you do not make any reservations through any unknown housing or travel company. NATA reminds its attendees that we have no affiliation with any of these room brokers. The official NATA Housing is done through Global Reservations Inc. (GRI).
Global Reservations Inc. (GRI) is the only Official Hotel contractor for NATA. They will never call to solicit your business.
Please report any unauthorized housing solicitations to NATA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional reasons why you should book through GRI
How GRI is a benefit and safeguard to NATA attendees:
- You can “book it & forget it.” GRI will do all the work for you. If you have any questions or problems on-site, GRI is there to help.
- When oversold, a property will relocate attendees who booked directly with the hotel before attendees who made their reservations through GRI at an official NATA hotel.
- In the unlikely event an attendee who made their reservation through GRI is relocated by the hotel on-site, GRI works behind the scenes to ensure your guest rights are protected.
Here’s how NATA benefits when attendees use GRI.
- We have contracted hotel rooms at discounted rates on your behalf. If our contracted housing obligations are not met, we pay a penalty fee to the hotels.
- We receive a complimentary room for every 50 hotel rooms booked. This allows us to house speakers, staff and key volunteers and keep convention costs down.
- We are able to monitor attendance through our housing block. This enables us to plan, be better prepared and submit accurate event counts, all of which helps with cost-containment.
- NATA’s business value to a city is measured by a ratio between the total number of sleeping rooms booked inside our housing block and the amount of convention center space required. By booking inside the block you can help maintain our strong business value, which is crucial to our negotiations with cities and cost-containment efforts.